Thursday, May 28, 2009

Late night surprise!!

This weekend was a loooooong one.

I'm not used to going in at 7 and struggled with 4 days in a row of the sleepy eyed having to shake the puppy awake mornings. And on top of it the days were busy and didn't match the mood I was in. I've been having really lovely days off, which doesn't help me at work at all when I feel wistful and daydreamy!

I had a day with the girls (Floor and Erin) making mosaics at Erin's house and having brunch. The next day I had a gorgeous picnic complete with lounging, sun, nice breezes, and ants crashing. I made rhubarb and custard but the custard didn't enjoy the sun as much and went uneaten. poor thing. (it was the second batch since I curdled the first, I curse custard sometimes.... still haven't mastered that patience I was talking about)

Saturday I met Aunt Pam, Uncle John and Mom mom for dinner and enjoyed seeing them since I missed them last time. Though really upset I missed my little Cormack and hearing him call me Chesapeake.

Monday night gave me a huge surprise with a visitor at my door!! The lady downstairs knocked and told me someone was outside for me. (I really need to get my buzzer fixed) I thought....... um, who in the world would be at the door for me??

Cleek! He hitched a ride with a neighbor who was driving to Philly and visited me for a quick less than 24 hour visit. Papers being due and all. I'm sure my face was great when I saw who it was.

Unfortunately I was an exhausted kitten and had to sleep soon after our usual photobooth session, but he came by work for lunch and had good walkings around the art museum. Then he was off as quick as he came leaving my cleek heart a little fuller (there's one especially for him).


Colleen had a German visitor so I had dinner with them Tues night and then gave her a (very) quick tour around Philly before her flight departed Wednesday.

I finished one sock!! Pictures to come of that and also my newest print. I don't think I ever posted the beret I knitted for father, so here's a picture of that.

3 comments:

nicole said...

Ah, I have yet to finish my sock... I think I'm going to frog the whole thing, I'm jealous of your resolve! Do you have to work all weekend? I'm dying for a baking party, and there is square dancing at the Rotunda this Sunday.....

Jes said...

It's sort of a witchy sock. I added an extra row for room at the end and it made it very square toed. Perfect for square dancing! I do have to work today and tomorrow blugh.

Brandy said...

whoa - your dad's beret is the exact shade of your eye. well done.