Monday, May 11, 2009

Time to Catch up.....

Just like getting rid of television 4 years ago, I don't realize how dependent on something I am until I can't turn to it whenever I have a free moment. So now that I don't have wifi access in the comfort of my own home my blogs and emails will suffer, but boy am I productive at home.
I felt like making a pie the other week. Mother was right and I couldn't find cherries in the store so I took up Erin's request of making a strawberry pie. Didn't hurt they were on sale too.


Everything was fine till I was a stupid head with little patience trying to pour out the pie weights when the whole shell toppled out and I had to start again. ergh.

I would complain about this lack of patience, but I think it's what helps me be so good at being laid back. Having to deal with these silly mistakes exercises my shrug off ability. That's how I'm taking it. (ha, but maybe I'll practice more patience)

A trip home happened with Brandy. The ride was gorgeous and it's always too short a trip.

Rakkassah was a really good time with some great performances, workshops, and our own troupe having it's go on the stage.



Sharon Kihara was amazing and hot with her little belly peacocks.

And here was the woman after her who we swore was going to have wardrobe malfunction Janet Jackson style. She asked for volunteers to come up and dance and I just couldn't resist and was lucky Nicole took up my camera to catch the moment.



Nicole and I stopped off at Gina's bakery to buy Ang a birthday cake with clown candles to try and set our hotel room on fire.

The Suhaila workshop we took kicked my ass but in a good way.

I have to say that I'm glad to be able to work on other projects other than coin bras and tassle belts! So hopefully soon I'll be able to post my first knitted pair of socks (finished not attempted:)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think one of your awesome pies needs to find its way to Thursday practice.....

Jes said...

Haha, just wait till peach season!