Monday, May 19, 2008

goin ons

I'm not too tired, right now at least, after my two overnight shifts at vet hospital.
So, last week I did a few things. I had a meetup with an agency I would like to work with. They seemed to like me. They do a lot of stuff in Philly but it seems to be toward the commercial/QVC stuff which is ok for now (if I even get anything) but eventually I need to figure out this area and how I fit. It is going to start building up on it's film production, fortunately. A studio is going to be built close and in the past two months two movies were shot here. nothing compared to LA but it's pretty good to start out. I think once I finish this acting class and have a good monologue to perform for the casting directors open calls that will be a big help. And I signed up for a workshop in NY. Not really a workshop but to work scenes in front of agents from the area. that's a good thing. nothing except class this week yet. we'll see if anyone calls or I find something to submit to.

In regular life; The italian market festival was completely too good. I had to go back Sunday, after already walking it and getting goods on Sat. like cannoli, choc. dipped pineapple, and homemade gnocchi (that was amazing!!in alfredo sauce mmm) So sunday I went back drooling and sighted a line for italian sandwich's. I custom made one to fit my craving for the spiced veal and italian sausage with sauce. Yeah. not so much veggie anymore. in fact very much opposite.
The dog got wise the second day (and I made the mistake of not putting on her no pull harness) and was scouring the streets for goodies and we could barely walk a 1/4 block. A guy at a mexican stand laughed at the sight of me screaming as she tried to snarf a big bread chunk and I yelled drop it! and she did. then I looked up at him as our audience, but he enjoyed it. She also illegally snacked when the guy at the dog treat tent wasn't looking. She thought I was her cover as I unknowingly distracted him to buy some biscuits as she took the opportunity to dive into the storage bin behind the table.

The weekend wasn't too long with going in to work at 6pm, ending at 5am. It was an interesting place. It'll do for paying me but aside from that, I don't really think it has too many pluses on the building my teching skills. I am actually enjoying the woman I work with. such a character. she actually likes me, I say actually since apparentley she gives new people a hard time to the point of making it hell for em. I think she likes that I can actually jump in and know what I'm doing. The politics are the same, so I'll just ignore them. One vet was very dry and pretty condescending (really? sarcasm here folks.) I asked her a question as a medication was written down wrong and if I change that. the answer? No. you don't.
ok. so the upside is there aren't many people to deal with on the overnight shift and I can just twitter away at stuff. It's been incredibley slow which is good and bad. It'll do for now. I won't hold my breath to put in any jugular catheters. oh well.
I can at least sit and write or do other stuff in between rounds which is cool.
and next a poem.

No comments: