Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Park Day

I had to drop off my bike to get fixed today. So I decided to make it a park day with dog.

Dog + bike + umbrella = hard to walk.

I had an umbrella from being caught in the rain and a nice random guy let me borrow it cause he didn't want me sitting where there had been muggings before. I couldn't argue. I'm too naive, but I do always carry mace. not that I'm begging to use it, but I guess not completely naive.

So dog and I set out with bike and umbrella.

Today dog was irresistable to children. really. She met another dog in the bike shop. That dog had a little boy who asked if he could pet mine and he kissed her on the back. adorable.

next we made way to the dog park inside the bigger park. Little dogs were there which was nice, two cute bulldogs, a puggle, and some other guys. We left as bigger more surly ones started rolling in.

We sat in the sun on a hill to read and write. That agenda changed as two girls ambled up to us to ask if they could pet her. The next two hours were spent chatting with Brittany and Siani. It was quite entertaining. Kids love it if you just let them talk. they have incredible amounts to say and it's so much lighter than adult ramblings. refreshing. Brittany spent the whole time walking kasia around and on her leash and feeding her grass. Siani talked about everything from how her braids hurt being done so tight to her grandmas dogs who broke her heart when they nipped at her. We also exchanged hip hop moves (my move though was a breakdance step I just learned).

They thought it was hysterical that dog plays dead. And she even did the trick over and over for them, which suprised me. She usually gets annoyed and walks away.

They left with their godfather after his nap was done on the bench. I really need to learn to take my camera everywhere. They adored dog and there were really cute shots of her plumping herself down on their laps and leaning up against them. can't recreate that unfortunately.

As I started to try and read a tiny bit another little munchkin walked up with his Pop. This one was much smaller and of the shrieking kind. The shriek that makes dog's ears go back and sit next to me and stare to leave. she's so good though. Let him pull on her ears and point to her eyes. then he blinked his eyes wildly to show he had them too.

Don't start twittering, all this interaction does not speak to my loins in the least. I can appreciate a tiny tot but it doesn't make me want my own of the lot. ha.

but it would be good to do some volunteer work with the non furry kind. maybe i'll just volunteer with my dog.

in the park.

it seemed therapeutic for lots of kids today.

1 comment:

Brandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.