Friday, January 2, 2009

Warm Snake Arms



Finished my bellydance arm warmers! I suppose they don't have to just be for bellydancing but that was what I made them for so that's what I'm calling them. They're a little different from each other but it's not hugely noticeable so I'll ignore it. I find I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of knitter. Sort of using a pattern but not really using it. I wasn't sure two skeins of this bulky stuff would be enough but it turned out to be just right and up to the elbows like I wanted.

I do believe I'm going to knit some knee high socks next if I can figure out the foot part. Or possibly a belly top since I'm on the things to wear to bellydance class kick (currently I'm crocheting arm bands to go with a belt I did).

Had a good day today with a museum, indian food, and a movie all with good company. I've been craving indian food and I don't know if I satisfied it completely since I'm a little mouth watery over thinking about samosas but I dampered it.

The penn museum of archeology is quite a place with tons of neat stuff to oogle. I can't even process all I saw but a few things stuck out like chinese lions, islamic moonlights, a huge crystal ball, and Qilin statues that I wanted to ride (half dragon half lions).

I'm sad I ate all my marzipan piggies but dark chocolate with caramel filling is mighty good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all your knit creations next class! Did you crochet or knit the belt?
Marzipan piggies, eh? My mom makes marzipan every year for my birthday. Its always so bright and fun looking that all my friends forget they don't like it and try it again, only to confirm, yup... still not a fan. I love it though!

Jes said...

Crocheted the belt! But now I have to adorn it I think, cause it's a little plain. That's a good birthday treat. I get a cake in the shape of a BigMac with marzipan in it as the lettuce. Moms are great.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh.. check this site out (http://www.crochetkitten.com/patterns/bellydance.html) Knitable bellydance stuff!